Thursday, August 7

Letters from the Past

I was sorting through messages in one of my email folders tonight, and I came across a few letters from Ammon I had unearthed and filed away in the weeks immediately after his death. I had forgotten about most of them, but going through them and re-reading our expressions of love for each makes me feel a little bit closer to him. It's as if reading the words that he wrote to me bring his voice, his spirit, his essence closer to me. I miss him.

March 31, 2008 Ammon wrote:
I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am feeling for you today. I'm really glad that we seem to have re-connected a bit over the last few days and I want you to know that you make me a very happy man. You do such an amazing job not only running the house and being a great mom but you somehow find a way to make me happy too. I know there is a lot on your plate and I can only hope that my efforts can ease even a small part of that from you and that you feel recognized for all that you do. I love you more than anything in the world and want you to understand how great you really are.

5 comments:

SarahAnne said...

That is beautiful, Victoria. Thank you for sharing such intimate things with us. It's heartbreaking but also so beautiful and inspiring to read. It makes me want to be a better wife to make sure my DH feels like Ammon does about you.

Kellie said...

Wow, what a great guy. Those words really convey his love and appreciation for you. He was one of a kind, and you are lucky and blessed that he voiced his feelings so openly. Those words are a treasure, and I hope they bring some comfort.

Unknown said...

Aww what a sweet note. :)

Kendell said...

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I love the letter. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Jayne said...

You can tell that he loved you so much.