Monday, August 25

Random Photo Post

I have been remiss in posting photos lately, and as a result they have been building up in my picture folder. This post will likely be somewhat disjointed, but I wanted to share these pictures regardless.

The day before Jeremy started school we were out running errands, and decided to stop at Frisch's Big Boy and see what all the fuss was about. To the best of my knowledge, it's a local restaurant known for it's 'Big Boy' hamburger, tarter sauce, and crushed ice. I tried the signature dish, and the kids each had macaroni and cheese. The verdict? The baked apples were delicious, the tall frosty coke with the crushed ice was delectable, and the kids macaroni went down without a hitch. The hamburger and onion rings left something to be desired, and I doubt that I will ever stop in again simply for the food. The drive through might call my name occasionally when I get need a caffeine fix. One thing I will say for the restaurant--never in my entire life have I been more impressed with the quality of service. Everybody from the manager, different waiters, and the busboy stopped at my table to see if I needed a drink, and word quickly traveled around the restaurant that it was our first visit to Frisch's. During the meal, several people stopped by to see if we were enjoying the food. Not wanting to hurt feelings, I plastered a large smile on my face and lied through my teeth. Food-0 Service-10+
This photo was taken the day before my brother and his girlfriend came for their week long visit. Mary and Russ had been at our house helping me do a deep cleaning, and for lunch we dragged our tired bodies to McDonald's. We let the boys run while we chatted, and Brooklyn had a marvelous time eating Mary's ice cream, then playing with the cup. She is so cute I could gobble her up and eat her!
I'm not sure exactly how this game got started, but it was definitely adorable.
Another photo of Brooklyn. I love this picture for the bright, summery colors. There is a pool located in our apartment complex, and usually the boys have a wonderful time swimming while I cautiously follow Brooklyn around on the pool deck. It's quite a juggling act taking three small children to a swimming pool by myself, and as such we have only been there a handful of times this summer. Next year I am hoping for more frequent trips, and children who are more confident in the water. This year the float I bought for Brooklyn (not the inner tube pictured) overwhelms her so much in size that she won't go anywhere near it. Hopefully during the winter she'll grow into the large toy, and be able to utilize it next year.
This photo is mostly for Angela. For my birthday she sent a large bouquet of flowers, since she couldn't be here in person. They were a lovely surprise on a day that I had nothing else planned, and even though they reminded me vaguely of the many, many bouquets that were delivered in the days immediately following Ammon's death, I have enjoyed their cheerful presence in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I didn't like Big Boy's food either. I've only been there once in the almost five years we've lived in the area.

Our Crazy Family said...

Cute Pictures! I can't believe how fast our little babies are growing up. Those flowers are pretty too. How is Jeremy doing in school? Is he loving it? I hope so. Have a good day.