Wednesday, June 4

Travis and Christina

I'm much delayed in posting photos from the last month, so I'm going to post a series of pictures today.

I already wrote about Travis and Christina visiting the week after the funeral, but here are the photos.

This is Christina, lounging on the blanket next to Brooklyn. I was astounded at how long Brooklyn was content to sit on the blanket and play with toys. We were out at the park for several hours, and she was an angel the entire time.

They were only here for part of a Friday and a Saturday, but we spent a good portion of the afternoon on Saturday at the park in my apartment complex. Here Travis posed for a photo with Brooklyn, who they had never met before this trip.
Jeremy and Travis have always shared a special bond, and at this point Travis had been working with Jeremy to get him to hang from the monkey bars and work his way across. Jeremy has had much success with this in the past, but this day collapsed into tears, saying he was scared. It broke my heart to know that the real source of his tears was a simple longing for his Dad. I know that it's a poor substitute, but I'm glad that Travis was there to hold Jeremy in his arms and comfort him. I often have to remind myself that my kids aren't always crying about what they say they're crying about. A five year old and a three year old aren't articulate enough to say "I'm sad because I miss my Daddy, and I just want to cry for a while." Heaven help all of us get through this.
Kadon was watching the interplay between Travis and Jeremy intently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to be there. Wish we could have stayed longer.