Sunday, November 9

Gratitude is Difficult

I've had a hard time with my gratitude today. It's been a rough day, and combined with the kids acting up, church was difficult and draining. At home I've let the kids watch entirely too many cartoons, but the alternative of me yelling and screaming at them because my nerves are shot doesn't seem fair. In my bad mood, I've struggled all day to think of something to post about gratitude. I have come up with this today:

I am grateful for people who notice when I'm having a bad day. My ward, as always, banded together today when they saw that I was struggling. My children were quickly farmed out to various welcoming arms, and I was led by the hand into Relief Society, where I sat next to a dear friend and wept through part of the lesson. Although I loathe crying in front of people, the dear people in my ward are somewhat accustomed to my grief, and don't shy away from comforting me. I'm grateful for that.

1 comment:

SarahAnne said...

That is a tremendous blessing! I am so glad you have such a great ward. I love hopping around reading everyone's gratitude posts and I learn something from everyone, but especially from you. I know you'd rather not be that for me (and I wish the same), but tonight, you were, and I intend to treat my husband better because of you. Thank you, ,many loves and (((HUGS))) from me.