Monday, December 18

Medical Miracle!

I've been posting about how nasty this cold is, and today I finally went in to the doctor to get it taken care of. Apparently the cold that is going around requires an antibiotic in order to kick it for good, and I didn't want to wait around anymore. Also, since my voice isn't improving at all and I really want to be able to perform on Friday, I was hoping he could give me some tips to help restore my brutalized vocal chords. Well, not only did he give me a beefy antibiotic, but he also took my whimpering to heart and gave me 5 days worth of a steroid that will reduce the inflammation in my chords, and get my voice back to normal! Yea! Within a couple hours of taking the medication, my voice sounds almost normal. A little bit weaker and trembly, for sure, and I haven't tried to sing yet, but at least I can speak, and that's a bonus! I'm going to be careful for the next few days, so I don't injure them after not using them for so long, but it looks like the show will go on, after all!

No comments: