Saturday, December 9

Visiting Santa




Today we visited the mall to have pictures of my kids taken with Santa. I was impressed with how well both of my kids did. Jeremy was so animated all the way to the mall, telling me that he was going to ask Santa for toys, and asking me where his sled would be. He wanted to know where Santa lived, what kind of house he lived in, and even how his sleigh traveled because there isn't any snow. It was really cute, even if it was a little bit annoying to be answer his questions at rapid fire pace for the entire 25 minute drive. When we arrived at the mall, we found Santa's Toy Shop to be reasonably busy, but the wait was only a few minutes. When it was his turn, Jeremy gingerly climbed up in Santa's lap, and proceeded to keep his eyes downcast for most of the interview. He told Santa that he had been a good boy, that he has been keeping his room clean. Now, when it came time for Santa to ask what Jeremy wanted for Christmas, it was time for my little boy to really light up! He asked for a brave castle with knights, like the one he played with over at his friends house the other day. Santa asked if Jeremy liked knights, to which Jeremy incredulously replied "Yes!" Shouldn't Santa know that EVERY little boy likes knights?! Anyway, it was really cute. When I put Kadon on his lap, I barely had time to snap a picture before I was afraid he was going to burst into tears. Kadon at his best is merely wary of strangers, and at his worst he buries his face in whatever body part of mine that he can reach when they speak to him. I had very low hopes for his visit to Santa, so the fact that we got out of there without any waterworks was pleasing to me. All in all, I would say it was a successful afternoon except for one small detail: the big guy promised my little boy his castle and knight set. I guess he didn't get the memo that our Christmas shopping is already done, and he won't be finding one of those under the tree! I guess it's off to DI I go, in search of a 'brave castle with knights' for my fearless little boy!

No comments: