Saturday, December 30

Reminiscing

All is quiet at my house. I mean, completely silent. The two elder boys are snuggling on the sofa in the living room, and my baby is sleeping soundly in his bedroom. I'm feeling that slow, comfortable kind of tired that you get after a long rest. I've been sitting here in front of the computer for a while, going back into the archives of this blog and re-reading old posts. It's been quiet a journey that we've been on, readers! You have all been with me through some fairly exciting things, and I'm really grateful that I've kept up with this blog. It's a really great resource on my life, and the things I have been doing. I hope that everybody out in the world is enjoying my ramblings as much as I've enjoyed posting them. It seems like this winter is dragging on, even though it is barely beginning, and I've enjoyed this outlet. I am lucky enough to be blessed with a really fantastic family. My two boys are smart, healthy (mostly), and full of life. My husband is thoughtful, kind, and loving. My life is truly a joy, even though I find it easy to get caught up in the small inconveniences that we experience. We have been given opportunities at every juncture to make the most of our difficulties, and we always seem to come out on top. I can't deny that the Lord has had a hand in everything that we do, and I keep telling myself that there is a eternal plan for our little family. I'm glad I took the time to go through the archives today, it's served as a reality check for me, and today I'm going to go out with a smile, and spend time with these wonderful people that I've been given for a family. In case I don't get around to posting tomorrow, I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year. I hope that 2007 finds each of you happy, healthy, and making the most of your life.

No comments: