Thursday, January 18

Illness Reigns

Kadon is sick. Once again. We had a lovely month with no major illnesses or suffering, not even any major asthma problems. Today, Kadon woke up with a runny nose, a cough, and a low-grade fever. I got him to eat some breakfast, and then I gave him some Robitussin and some cough medicine with Codeine to take care of the fever. My poor baby spent nearly the entire day curled up in my arms with his head laid on my chest. I have to admit, I don't mind when he's ill like this. Any day I get to spend snuggling with my son is a successful day in my book, and today was up there in the hierarchy of greatness. Tonight, he dozed off in my arms at about 7 pm, and barely awoke while I went through the routine of changing his diaper, changing his clothes into pajamas, and then gave him a breathing treatment. He barely woke up long enough to swallow some ice cream that had his powdered medicine mixed into it, and he was sound asleep in his bed about five minutes later. I hate it when he is sick, but I love the extra snuggle time I get. Does that make me a bad mom?

No comments: