Friday, January 5

Slipping Away

I was on such a good posting streak....and then this week slipped by without nary a thought to blogging. So sorry I've been absent, I have no excuses to offer. Yesterday we got together with our quartet, and have started choosing music for a new show to do this spring. We've decided to put together a show of folk songs, so I'm really thrilled. The music that we have chosen so far is fairly difficult, but beautiful, and I'm excited to sing it. Today Jeremy had a play date with Laura's son, Josh. They came over this morning to make sugar cookies. I got the dough ready last night, and when they got here this morning the kids helped cut some out, and then after they were cooked we frosted them and decorated them, and then each of the kids ate two cookies. It was a lot of fun,and I especially appreciated Laura's decorating advice! As she was walking around my apartment, she made a few suggestions about alternate art placement. After she left I implemented most of the changes she had thought of, and then a few more of my own! My living room now looks very put together and lovely, and if I could just figure out what to do with my kitchen then I would be happy. I dearly wish that I could paint the walls in the living room, I even know exactly what color I would do it...but alas, it will have to wait until that mythical occasion when we actually become homeowners.

No comments: