Sunday, May 6

And it Spreads...

Pinkeye has spread across the family. Luckily, it has stayed in the children and hasn't struck the adults yet, but Kadon came down with the infection this morning. I had planned to take Kadon to church with me this morning, but when he crawled into my bed this morning at 7 am he had some telltale goopies (yes, another technical term) on his eyelashes. Church plans went out the window, and we started giving him the drops prescribed for Jeremy four times a day. As well as Jeremy takes the drops-Kadon is the opposite. We merely have to mention the word 'drops', and he immediately breaks down in tears and cries of "No, no, no drops!" I feel bad for the poor kid, especially when it takes two of us to hold him down and get the drops into the effected eyes. I am at a loss as to how I am going to administer them tomorrow when Ammon isn't home to help me.

On a side note, I attended church by myself today. I was actually really looking forward to attending the meetings by myself, something I haven't done since before I had children. However, it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. Sacrament meeting was far too quite and peaceful for my taste. I had no toys to play with, no temper tantrums to contend with, and nobody to hold on my lap and kiss. After the last meeting, I found myself longing to go pick up my children from their classes just to be able to see their smiling faces. They're always so happy to see us after church, and I missed that today.

No comments: