Friday, May 4

Productivity?

I'm feeling very productive today. It's only 11am, and I've already showered, dressed, made all the beds, folded a load of laundry and put it away, and organized my spare bedroom. I also have played a game with my children and nearly finished the crossword puzzle. Of course, I'll probably do nothing for the rest of the day, but at least it's a good start, right? At this moment the children are jumping with reckless abandon from bed to bed in their bedroom. I probably shouldn't be allowing it, but it's a rainy day and I don't have the heart to reign in their energy. Perhaps if I can stomach later we'll go to McDonald's and get lunch, but there are no guarantees that this fetus of mine will let that happen. On a bright note, my morning sickness does seem to be getting slightly better. I keep trying to wean myself off of the anti-nausea medication the doctor has me on, both because it makes me feel kind of tired and oogy (yes, that's a technical term) but also because it's horribly expensive. I am not personally paying for it, as we are broke enough to qualify for medicaid, but I constantly feel guilty that I am making the general public pay for my morning sickness. I know, I know, I'm not taking advantage, but if I can go without the medication I'd just as soon not spend that part of the budget.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Ammon is working again on Saturday morning; he's been putting in a lot of weekend hours lately. Apparently the phone center part of his department has been getting very busy, and the technicians have been blocked from accessing their signs from outside computers (meaning their home computers) consequently, there has to be somebody in the office most of the weekend. The only hours that there isn't anybody there is between about 11pm and 6 am. If, during those hours, whoever is on call gets a service call, they have to drive themselves to the office, regardless of the hour. Ammon has been on call this week, but luckily hasn't had to drive into work in the middle of the night. We're all grateful. Plus, the extra money will be nice in the next couple of months as we get ready for this move. The only thing on the agenda this weekend is a haircut for the boys tomorrow morning, and possibly some rummaging at the DI. There is also a fajita lunch/pinata party at Macey's, with a fajita and a drink costing a mere $1. We'll probably head there after Ammon gets off work at 11am. All in all, should be very relaxing and enjoyable.

No comments: