Wednesday, May 30

Holiday Weekend

Okay, I'm totally copping out my posting a post consisting entirely of pictures. I thought about telling everybody all about our weekend, but decided it would work just as well to show it, so here it is. On Friday I went to a new park in the valley with my friend Laura. The park was built in memoriam of a 2 year old boy that drowned in Lake Powell last year. Out of tragedy, his parents decided to build something lasting and wonderful for the community, and before long the whole valley was involved in fundraising and donating materials. This park was built over the course of one week, with entirely donated materials and time. It was neat to be able to go play with our kids there, and we enjoyed it so much on Friday that on Saturday I brought Ammon, the kids, and a picnic lunch back! Jeremy loved the balance beam on Friday. He went back and forth, only falling off once.
See the look of intense concentration here?! I was very impressed with Kadon ability to make it up this rope course. I have another picture of his smile when he reached the top, so it must have all been worth it in the end.
Kadon loves nothing more than to be pushed 'really high' in a swing by his father. I tried to capture the look of glee on his face, but I mostly just got shots of the bottoms of his tennis shoes.

No comments: