Tuesday, June 5

Ambition found!

Well, for at least a day, anyway. I officially started packing up our apartment yesterday. I got most of our books, and a large portion of our knick-knacks and pictures packed into two large boxes, and then I went into the back bedroom (which is being used for storage right now) and sorted out all the baby toys that we have at this point, trying to decide what is worth keeping. I was surprised that even after sorting through all the toys that my boys are too old for, and keeping only the really good stuff, I still have one large box and one small box! It's amazing how much stuff you amass when you have children. Part of me is looking forward to being done having babies so that I can start getting rid of all these things that we've acquired over the last five years. We could fill a small storage shed with only baby paraphernalia, so it's definitely refreshing to think about getting rid of these things! I'm also trying to sort things to get ready for a yard sale we're having at the end of the month, and I'm also finding a fair amount of items that simply need to be tossed into the dumpster. It's funny, I manage to keep our possessions to a minimum when we move at least every couple years. However, the plan once we get to Ohio is to buy a fair sized house and stay there for the next several years. How do I stay motivated to sort and prioritize all the stuff we have when I'm not faced with the imminent prospect of having to pack it all into boxes and move it somewhere? I'm beginning to understand why attics, basements, and under-the-stair closets become such black holes of 'stuff'.

No comments: