Friday, June 1

Summer Fun

Yesterday was the last day of school around here, and already the feel of true summer is in the air. There are teenagers EVERYWHERE, wandering the streets, shopping at the store, even taking over the playland at McDonalds. This morning the kids and I went with a friend to an indoor playland in Logan, and we had a blast, but it was much more crowded than it was three months ago when we went. After the playland we went to Arby's to get lunch, and there were so many people between the normal lunch crowd and the added teenager crowd that it was difficult to find a place to sit! On Monday we have our first trip to the pool planned, the first of what I am sure will be many cool dips this summer as my girth gets wider and wider. It also seems as though the summer lazies have set in as well. Every year during the hottest months I seem to lose some drive and ambition to get things done. I suppose it's a carryover from the days when the months between June and September were full of hours and hours of unspoken for time, but I always have a hard time motivating myself during those months. Every day this week I have gotten up with every intent of beginning the long process of packing up our apartment to get ready to move, and every day I talk myself out of it for some reason or another. Do you think if I let it go long enough the packing faeries will come get it done for me? I think not. Looks like I better go off in search of my lost ambition. Wish me luck.

No comments: