Thursday, June 14

My Favorite Things

A few of the things in this world that bring me joy:

Mexican food. Even when I'm not creating another human being, I crave this food on a regular basis. However, as I've possibly mentioned before, my craving has reached new heights in the last five months. So far I have not been afflicted with the heartburn that plagues so many pregnancies (not mine, thankfully) so Mexican food still brings me joy.

The color purple. Seriously, I would paint at least two rooms in my house purple, given the opportunity. I would love nothing more than to own a purple van, purple toothbrush, and purple pen all at the same time. Purple can be found in abundance among my personal possessions, and it has become a source of affection between Ammon and I. He is always willing to get a purple something0-or-other for me. I'm not sure if this is because he thinks my purple addiction is somewhat endearing, or because he knows it brings me joy to have him bring me a purple binder, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

Sunny days. I love it when the sun is shining, even though it makes my apartment an oven. We temped our living room the other day, and between the hours of 4:30-about 9 pm it hovers around 80 degrees. It's miserable and the air conditioning unit is useless, so much so that we never even both to turn it on. That being said, however, I still love bright sunny days. The kind of days where we get out the wading pools, and the children run around barefoot in the grass. The kind where they come inside at the end of the day, exhausted and tan, and we all sleep the sleep of the just.

No comments: