Monday, February 11

Harried Haircut

As a welcoming gift to our new neighborhood, I received a packet of coupons and gift certificates in the mail a few weeks ago. Among other things, we received a voucher for one free haircut at the Great Clips nearest us. Now, I have nothing against Great Clips, but seeing as how I have FINALLY found a hairstylist I feel I can be completely loyal to, I was not about to waste the certificate on me. Ammon is perfectly happy to have me cut his hair with our clippers at home, and Jeremy's hair is simple to cut evenly with clippers and scissors. Since Brooklyn isn't exactly to 'haircutting' stage yet, we decided that the free voucher should be used to trim Kadon's long, lucsious curls. I warned Ammon that I was going to take him to have his hair trimmed, and asked the stylist to leave as many of his curls as possible. We're greatly enamored of Kadon's beautifully curly hair, but when I've had three people in as many weeks comment on what a 'pretty little girl' we have, I knew it was time for them to go. The stylist removed about 3/4" from the ends, and I think the results are pretty good. If I wet his hair down and kind of scrunch it, the curls spring right back up, and a particularly humid day certainly helps. I know that the days of Kadon's curly hair are numbered, but I'm hopeful that we avoided it, at least for now. As an incentive to return to the salon, I was also given a coupon to get a second haircut for $5. I'm thinking about taking Jeremy in and attempting an entirely new style, rather than the boring old 'bowl' cut that he's had for several years. I'm hoping to talk him into a shorter, spikier do. If it works, I'll post pictures of it later.

Kadon was NOT pleased to have me taking pictures of his hair. He had just gotten up from a nap, and wasn't his normal, chipper self. Pretty funny picture, I think.
See, it's still pretty curly, right?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, Victoria, I know how you feel about the curly hair. Si and Max both had curly hair as babies and I had the hardest time cutting it, knowing it would probably be gone forever. With Max it took a couple of people telling me what a cute girl I had to finally break down and cut his hair.

Amy aka sjmjsmom from lds board.

Unknown said...

They did a good job. I love his curls too!