Saturday, March 8

Newport Aquarium

Next door to the display the boys are standing in front of is a large tank full of piranha's. Here the boys were pretending to be wild, vicious creatures. Either that, or they just realized that I forgot to pack snacks for the outing, and are turning on me.
There were several all-encompassing tanks inside the aquarium. It was daunting to walk through the tunnel-shaped tank and realize how many hundreds, perhaps thousands of gallons were pressing down on the glass above and around me.
There was one large room dedicated to various types of jelly fish, and my Dad decided that this was an appropriate opportunity to share the story about the time he was snorkeling in Hawaii and got stung by a stingray on his ascent. I actually enjoyed listening to this story as well, because I think I've only heard it once or twice in my life. It's moments like this that make me treasure time with my parents, and hope that the boys will remember them forever.
What trip to the aquarium would be complete without a hands-on shark tank? Jeremy loved trying to pet the sharks inside this tank, and perfected the 'two finger' approach they requested. I couldn't bring myself to attempt to touch the slimy fish, but everybody else had a marvelous time.
Even Brooklyn had a wonderful time at the aquarium. Her favorite parts were the over head aquariums, because the lights and colors were perfectly situated for her to enjoy.

No comments: