Thursday, March 6

Updated at Last

I know, I've been long absent. I've been trying to take a step back from the keyboard lately, and focus more on spending quality time with the flesh and blood beings in my life, and haven't gotten a lot of chances to post about what we've been up to. My parents visit came and went, and it was a lot of fun. We visited the Newport Aquarium, the first day they were here, attended a showing of The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything on Saturday, and had a lovely meal (without kids!) at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse on Saturday night, which was a great treat. On Monday, we split up and my Mom and I went to the Cincinnati Children's Museum with Brooklyn and Kadon, and Ammon, my Dad, and Jeremy visited the United States Air Force Museum, which is located in Dayton. I had planned to post pictures of the aquarium today, since that ended up being the only thing I actually got pictures of, but blogger is having difficulties with their photo uploading, so those pictures will have to wait for another day.

Other than that, things have been going really well. Brooklyn was diagnosed with reflux earlier this month, and the medication she's taken seems to be helping with her chronic heartburn, even if it hasn't helped much with the amount of spitup she has. She's also been sleeping better, which has been a relief for everybody. She had gotten into the habit of taking very small catnaps throughout the day, and being cranky the rest of the time because she was severely over-tired. Thankfully, we seem to have worked out a system for getting her to nap better, and most days it works pretty well. We ended up trying rice cereal again just a few days after the first failed attempt, and she has taken to it with gusto. She shows a definite preference for fruits, but I finally got her to eat some green beans this morning, so maybe there is hope for her after all. She shows great interest in lots of unacceptable food--yesterday she was positively drooling over french fries, but had to be content with a couple small tastes of the ketchup instead. She's showing her personality more and more, something we've all enjoyed. She still isn't rolling over, but she can't wait to be able to sit up on her own, so I'm sure all these milestones will come in their own time. She's five months old this week--I can't believe how fast she's growing! She's still tiny, fitting into 0-3 month clothing, but has finally grown out of preemie clothing, along with most of the newborn clothing. I wonder if she'll ever catch up and be a 'normal' size, or if she'll stay petite. Only time will tell.

No comments: