Saturday, January 10

Transformation

See the ugly bookcase? It's a major eyesore in the living room, and though it's an invaluable use of storage space, I have been searching for a few weeks for something else to use for all the videos. Something a little easier on the eyes, perhaps smaller. Until tonight, I had absolutely no luck.
Fast forward to tonight. I went to Meijer to get mousse, hairspray,and diapers for Kadon. En route from hair products to baby products, I went past the clearance section of the store. I'm not even sure what made me look, but on a large pallet in the middle of the floor were several furniture boxes. I walked over, and to my delight found this audio cabinet! It's perfect! It was 55% off, and although it's substantially smaller than the bookshelf, after I weeded out some extra videos and found other places to store a few other things, I got it all to fit. I also moved the coat rack from next to the piano to the space between the audio cabinet and the front door.
And moving the coat rack made room for this! I had decided to purchase the audio cabinet very quickly. I flagged down a kind-looking customer and got his help loading it into my cart, and was walking away when I spotted the matching end table. It was also marked down 55%, and after a few minutes of deliberation I went ahead and put it into the cart. I wasn't sure if I would keep it--but I knew if I waited it would disappear. I thought it best if I went ahead and purchased the furniture, took it home and thought about it, and then decided whether or not to keep it. The audio cabinet ended up working out so well that I had plenty of room to put this small table next to the piano. I think the other huge bookcase will ultimately end up in Brooklyn's room. Now if only I could find somebody to help me get it up there...
These next two pictures are simply cute. We have a wonderful couple in our ward who has become dear friends to me. They had gotten a few things for the kids for Christmas, and last week we were finally able to get together. They came prepared with a short lesson--including costumes--and the kids were entranced. While here, Martha thought it would be cute to take our family picture.
And our family picture 'groucho' style. Christmas card next year, what do you think?

3 comments:

SarahAnne said...

Great finds and great pictures! I can't believe how big your kids are!!!

Heidi said...

I love the pictures of you and your kids! Absolutely adorable!

Kaylene said...

Love the pics of you and the kids, too fun! You're looking great!