Monday, March 16

Heaven Wrapped Up

This recipe is heaven on a tortilla. I'm not exagerrating. Even my kids loved it.

Thai Chicken-Broccoli Wraps

Yield: 6 sandwiches
Prep: 20 minutes

12 oz boneless chicken breast strips
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 cups broccoli-slaw mix
1/4 tsp ground ginger
Peanut sauce (recipe below)
3 10-inch whole wheat tortillas, warmed

Sprinkle chicken strips with garlic salt. Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Coat pan again with cooking spray, add broccoli slaw and ginger to skillet. Cook stirring constantly until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Peanut Sauce:
3 tbs peanut butter
2 tbs hot water
1 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp ginger.

Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.

Spread tortillas with peanut sauce. Top with chicken strips and broccoli slaw mix. Roll up each tortilla, and cut in half. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Ok Victoria can I just say that this sounds AMAZING! I unfortunately have to put it on my "have to try in a couple months" list since I can't have broccoli while Konner is nursing. You did inspire me though and I made stir fry. Thanks!