Monday, March 16

Ammon's Montage

View this montage created at One True Media
The Life of Ammon


I created this montage for Ammon's family for Christmas last year. I spent hours upon hours upon hours poring over photos in my collection of shoe boxes, and searching through the hundreds of photos stored on my hard drive. I gathered pictures from his parents for the era before I came into his life, and then I spent many more hours uploading them into this program, editing their sequence, layout, and cropping, and choosing music that spoke to me. I ordered DVD's for his parents and siblings, and every time I watch the final result it brings me to tears. I wanted to share this many with my cyberspace readers. He was so vibrant, so alive--and so loved. I regret that as the children started arriving, there are very few pictures of he and I together. When I look at these photos, I try to remind myself that I am in the pictures, you just can't see me. As I snap the camera, the smile on his face is for me. The love that emanates from his eyes--that is mine.

I miss him so much.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you for sharing. I really like the pic at the very end of you too - the smiles on both your faces tell your story!! I also enjoyed the pics of Ammon with his children - an amazing daddy. Again, I'm so sorry.....you have done so well considering all....keeping doing it. Your Ammon would be so proud!

Kaylene said...

That was beautiful. Also loved Brooklyn's movie. Too sweet!

Laura said...

I'm glad you got it all finished and to your liking. It's a beautiful tribute.