Friday, March 20

Photo Shoot

I have a good friend who is an amazing photographer, and has his own photography business here in Cincinnati. He's extremely talented, and was responsible for the photos that we had done as a family in September. A couple weeks ago, he had approached me about a new series he wanted to do for his business, and wanted to use my kids as models. He offered to give me a CD of all the pictures he took as compensation for our efforts--and although I am completely convinced I'm getting the better end of the deal--I just at the chance. I asked what he wanted the kids to wear, and he requested the boys be in fairly neutral solid colors, and that Brooklyn have two outfits--a white summery dress, and a tutu. I searched 4 different stores for a tutu, to no avail. Finally, last night, I sat at my sewing machine and put together a tutu of my own. I am beyond thrilled with the results of this photo session. Looking at the slideshows brings tears to my eyes. My children are exquisitely beautiful, and although I know I'm biased, I feel that these photos show it to great effect. I am grateful beyond measure for the chance I have to spend my eternity with these people. They're beautiful--inside as well as out. I hope you all enjoy the pictures!

Our Photo Session

6 comments:

Russ and Mary said...

They are all so photogenic- just like their parents. It hurts a little to see this small incarnation of my son but I'm glad that his curls are back.

Kellie said...

Great shots, wow! You did a good job on the tutu. She certainly is a little princess. :)

Unknown said...

Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Victoria, You do not know me. We have never met. I am what they call a "blog stalker." (I hate that term) I came to your blog through another widow blog I read. No, I am not a widow, and I do not know why I continue to be drawn to these blogs. Sometimes, I worry that I am inviting something bad by spending so much time reading these. Many times, when looking at these blogs, I have been tempted to enter a comment. However, until now I have never done so. But I feel compelled today. It is interesting, when you come to a story such as yours, to read from the day of your tragedy forward. Your evolution is amazing and I delight in your good days. But while I have enjoyed reading, and think your children are beautiful, it was a post about LDS missionaries that moved me today. I am not a mormon. I have strong spiritual and religious beliefs of my own, different from yours. However, I have known many, many mormons and have only the smallest knowledge of what is involved in being a missionary. Like many "non-mormons" in the past I have been annoyed when I see these young men in my neighborhood and have avoided them more than once. But your post about respecting them and the sacrifice they make really touched me. You are exactly right. Whether or not our beliefs are the same, I should respect what they are doing and in turn, give them more respect than to hide when they ring my bell. I will forever remember this and act in a more appropriate manner in the future. So thank you, and god speed. I think you are surviving wonderfully as is evident in the faces of your beautiful children. I will continue checking back to see the strides I know you will make!

Christina (Spokane, WA)

Anonymous said...

Thesse are amazing pictures. I think that the tutu is adorable. I would have a hard time choosing a favorite.

Debbie

Susan said...

Beautiful pictures. Simply beautiful. Your three have individual looks of their own :) Just from looking at blog pics, I think your oldest looks like you. I love the middle boy's curls - super sweet and your baby girl - beautiful. Happy too ;) Obviously the best three gifts your husband could give you!!!