Monday, March 30

No Black Eyes!

I went into Brooklyn's bedroom with great trepidation this morning, but by early morning light, the discoloration below her eyes is so minimal it's barely noticeable. Her nose is only a little red, and barely swollen. I am so glad!


My first day of spring quarter is today. I'm taking 14 credit hours, and the classes consist of Anatomy and Physiology lecture and lab, Chemistry lecture and lab, Psychology II, and American History. I'm extremely apprehensive about the workload, both for me and for the kids. I'm going to be spending a huge amount of time on campus and away from home, regularly leaving the children in the care of others. I trust implicitly the people I'm leaving them with, but I know it's still a huge burden. I carry a large load of 'mommy guilt', so I'm hoping the kids are well behaved and that the next 10 weeks fly by. I attended the temple on Friday and received a priesthood blessing yesterday in an effort to fill my spiritual tank, but any prayers and positive thoughts you guys could send my way would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Glad your Brooklyn is ok and no black eyes. What a cutie even with injuries ;) Here's to prayers for the next 10 weeks. Kids stay healthy too!!

Anonymous said...

So glad that Brooklyn is ok and there were no black eyes. Here are many prayers for you during the next 10 weeks. You will do a great job.


Debbie

Laura said...

it's amazng how fast kids heal, isn't it? Good luck with school...you can do it!!

Jayme said...

That is a big work load. But I'm sure you'll be fine. I really enjoyed the Anatomy and Physiology class I took. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. I'm sending lots and lots of prayers.