Monday, October 30

Autumn Cleaning?

Well, over the weekend, I decided to clean out the photo file on my computer. I have discovered that somehow there have been a lot of duplicate pictures saved into my file, and when my slide show comes on for my screen saver, the pictures that I have duplicates of show far more frequently than my other pictures. Petty, I know, but these are the things that I spend my time being concerned about. Anyway, on Saturday night I decided that I was going to clean out this file, and delete all of the extra photos. Ammon showed me how to open up the file and arrange the photo images by name, which would show me all of the duplicate photos side by side, making it easier for me to simply delete one of each. Simple, right? Well, somehow, in the midst of all this deleting, I managed to delete nearly every photo that I have collected over the last year. All of those cute memories....down the tube. I was devastated. After whimpering at my dear, darling husband for a few minutes, he did restore all of the photo files from the recycle bin back to the picture file. The only problem with that, is that I have NEVER emptied the recycle bin in the entire time we have owned this computer. Every photo that has ever been deleted has gone into that bin, and when he did that, it went back into my picture file. So the whole problem I was trying to fix in the first place? Yeah, totally multiplied. Tons more duplicates, and lots of pictures that I didn't want at all. Oh well, at some point I will tackle the task of cleaning it out yet again, but hopefully this time I will successfully only delete some of the photos, not all of them! In the meantime, I'm going to try not to pay too much attention to the slide show on my computer, lest I be irritated at the unwanted pictures that are going to be flashing on my screen. It's times like this that I think it would be a lot easier not to be neurotic...

No comments: