Sunday, October 29

Daylight Savings Time

So, I completely forgot about daylight savings time. I mean, I didn't actually forget about it, it's on the news, and it had been mentioned a couple of times during the week, but when it came right down to it, last night, during those crucial bedtime hours, I forgot about daylight savings time. This morning, my children woke up a little bit early, about 6:30, which is earlier than I like to get up, but hey, it's better than 6:00, right? We spent about ten or fifteen minutes trying to get Kadon to go back to sleep so that he wouldn't be cranky today at church, but it wasn't immediately effective, so we let him get up. When Jeremy got up, a few minutes later, I was still pretty unconcerned. I came out in the living room, a little bleary-eyed since Ammon and I had stayed up late last night watching a movie, and turned on a movie for the kids. I went potty, grabbed my bathrobe, and turned on the computer to check my e-mail, and glanced down at the taskbar where the clock on my computer is. 6:06?!?!?!? I was aghast. I admit, some unkind, not sabbath-appropriate words ran through my head. I can't believe we forgot about daylight savings time, and my kids got up at 5:30 in the morning. I don't know how we're going to make it through this day. Of course, it's also a Sunday and we have afternoon church, which means that neither one of them will get a decent nap unless Ammon stays home with them during church today. Ah, the cost of forgetfulness. Hopefully we will survive this day, and get back on our sleep/wake schedule by tomorrow!

No comments: