Wednesday, October 25

Bridgerland Band Invitational


On Saturday evening, Jeremy and I attended the Bridgerland Band Invitational, which was held at the spectrum on USU campus. My alma mater, Sky View, was performing, and is being headed this year by an old friend of mine, so I wanted to take the change to see them in action. After much discussion, Ammon and I decided that it wasn't a good idea to have Kadon out in the cold air, hence Jeremy and I attending the competition on our own. We had a great time at the show, we watched about five bands perform, and then stayed for the award ceremony afterwards. Unfortunately Sky View didn't win, but they did take top honors in the music category, and took second overall. I was glad that we had not decided to bring Kadon, by the time Jeremy and I left just after seven o'clock, we were snuggled together and sharing the three blankets that I had brought. We were also wearing our winter coats, hats, and gloves. It definitely would have been too much for my youngest sons poor asthma, ridden lungs! Also, it was really great to enjoy some special time alone with my eldest, who has now gone to several of these events with me. He's become quite a band buddy, and I hope to keep the tradition going!

No comments: