Saturday, October 7

Up and Running

Thank goodness for informed salesman. When I called to shut off our Comcast internet service on Thursday night, in order to set up our installation for Qwest on Friday, the gentleman on the other end of the phone line informed me that I was probably unaware that I was signing myself on for a two-year contract with Qwest. The penalty for early withdrawal from this contract was a hefty $200 penalty, he so helpfully informed me. I was skeptical, to say the least, as Comcast obviously wanted to keep me from switching to their competitor. I immediately went to the Qwest website, where they offer a online chat feature with representatives, where I was able to clarify that they do indeed sign unsuspecting customers on for a two year contract, the penalty for withdrawing from is indeed the hefty fee. I immediately cancelled my order, and have decided to stick with Comcast for the long term. Now that our promotional period is over, the price more than doubled, but at least we're not going to get hit with hundreds of dollars worth of fees if we decide to change our service. Ah, the price of being connected.

No comments: