Monday, October 16

Playgroup Fun



I'm going to miss our weekly playgroup when it finally gets too cold to have it anymore! This last week it was almost too chilly to sit out there for an hour. It was a good thing that we bundled all the children up, but the poor mothers, sitting on the concrete basketball court chatting were all shivering! I guess next week we'll learn our lesson, and be sure to bundle up the mothers as well! This week we tried a new playground, it's a neighborhood playground, it sits behind a bunch of houses on a street in our neighborhood. It's much closer than the playground that we've been going to all summer, but there aren't any trees to speak of, and no picnic tables either, so during the hottest days of the summer the equipment is scorching, and those poor mothers that I spoke of earlier didn't have any shade to sit in while they gossiped. Now that it is a little (a lot!) cooler, this park is much nicer! Anyway, Kadon, our little climber extraordinaire, discovered the ladder up to this slide, and while I didn't think he would be brave enough to venture to the top, he quickly proved me wrong. He made my heart stop every time he started to climb up there. The rungs of the ladder were somewhat slippery, as it was still morning while we were there and there had been a frost the night before. I was constantly afraid that he was going to slip and split open his head. He did, however, have a fabulous time going down the highest slide he's ever been on. I let him go down it about four times before I told him to stay away. He was pretty good about staying on more appropriate playground equipment after that, and it wasn't long before the half-frozen mothers pried themselves off the ground to make the trek home.

No comments: