Saturday, December 20

It Keeps Happening

I don't know if it's because I've been touched irrevocably by death myself, or if the instances are actually more frequent. Whatever the reason, I feel like it just keeps happening. I received a phone call from a friend of mine yesterday morning. The news came from my friends husband, who works at the same place that Ammon did when we lived in Utah. Ammon was first employed by Barco, a LED sign company. He was a service technician for them, and when the building changed hands from Barco to Yesco-another LED sign company-he was the first person to be hired into the service department. Wade Mortenson was the second person to be hired into the service department, and was another holdover from the Barco days. Ammon and Wade worked together and went on several business trips together. He was one of the men from the service department that Ammon felt close to, and he told many funny stories about their escapades when they were out on the road.

Wade was killed yesterday in a head-on collision, on his way into work. The article tells it all, but he leaves behind a wife and four children. The youngest is Jeremy's age. I hate knowing that in my hometown, another woman is just getting started in this nightmare. I hate knowing keenly the anguish that grips her right now, a week before Christmas. I wish with all my heart there was something I could do. Pray for them.

2 comments:

Russ and Mary said...

This MUST be the last of the last days. How can we all go on much longer? I just want to desperately grasp all of my loved ones to me and keep them safe until it's over.

Miranda @ Someday Crafts said...

Your husband worked at Barco before it became Yesco? I worked at Barco in the Marketing department from June 04 to Feb 06 when it closed. I can't believe that! And to hear that awful news about Wade...I worked with him quite a bit. I can't believe he's gone.