Friday, December 5

When I Miss Him

At 4am when Kadon wakes up vomiting all over his bed, himself, and the bathroom. It takes two parents to clean up this kind of mess, and we used to tag team really well.

At 5am when Kadon wakes up with diarrhea so severe that it runs out of his diaper, down his legs, and pools and the floor outside the bathroom. Again, a second parent to tackle the mess would have been good.

At 5:30, 5:45, 6:00, 6:30, and 7:00 when Kadon is back up with more diarrhea, and I have to clean the bathroom floor more times than I can count. Thank goodness for Clorox wipes.

At 7:30 when all three kids are up, and as I lay in bed feeding the baby, and the sounds of both Jeremy and Kadon having tandem diarrhea in both upstairs bathrooms fills the house.

At 8:00 when I finally send all three kids downstairs, lay back down, and pray for at least 20 minutes of sleep. A husband to keep them downstairs would have been nice.

At 8:10 when I hear Kadon crying in the bathroom downstairs, and give up on sleep for the night. He has a vicious rash on his bum from the excessive poop-wipe cycle. I apply ointment.

At 8:40 when I'm trying to feed Brooklyn, who still has some mysterious ailment, and she is fussy in her high chair. Kadon has diarrhea again, and I have to leave her in the chair to tend to him. Having a husband to help Kadon while I attend to the baby would be great.

At 9:00 when Kadon starts screaming about his bum again, and I apply still more ointment.

At 9:15 when I call the nurse hotline and give her all the information, only to have her tell me that it's a virus, and needs to run its course. I suspected this, but it sucks.

At 9:55 as I'm typing this entry, and I have to get up once again to usher Kadon to the toilet, change his shirt for at least the 5th time since 4, and clean up more vomit from the floor. Having a husband to hug me and tell me it's going to be alright would be helpful.

It's going to be a long, long day.

2 comments:

SarahAnne said...

I'm certainly no Ammon, but here's my feeble attempt

((((((HUGS))))))

This too shall pass (the virus, of course). Sorry, dear friend!

Kellie said...

(((hugs))) from me, too. Those times must be so hard to get through by yourself. I hope everyone's on the mend.