Wednesday, April 9

Cincinnati Zoo

I took advantage of the beautiful spring weather yesterday afternoon and took the kids to the Cincinnati Zoo. I was pleased with my ability to drive directly there without any wrong turns, something that I haven't been able to do very often since we moved here. The interstate system in this area always seems to foil my efforts to drive confidently to unknown areas. With that early victory, the stage was set for the rest of the day. Except for a period somewhere in the middle where Brooklyn was exhausted and cranky, it was a really fun outing.

Kadon was thrilled with the waterfall falling from the top of this indoor aviary. It was humid and warm, which makes me uneasy for this summer when it feels like that everywhere.
Part of the 1 year zoo pass that we purchased includes unlimited train, carousel, and tram rides for the whole family. This is the boys enjoying the slow moving train ride through part of the zoo.
This picture of Brooklyn came out a little bit blurry, but I wanted to get at least one picture of her on this outing, since I always seem to end up with pictures of the boys doing things, and none of the baby.
Flamingos! And not the kind that are generally situated in the lawn outside some body's house! I've never seen real flamingos, so that was kind of a treat. Unfortunately, my camera didn't pick up the vivid 'pinkness' of them.
The resident free-range peacock got unexpectedly close to us while we were walking around. I wish it had fanned out it's beautiful feathers, it seems such a shame to see them dragging across the ground.



I have several more pictures of the animals at the zoo, I'll post them sometime this week!

2 comments:

Laura said...

hey babe! I'm missing you today. I need some synicism in my life. and some unadulterated happiness! ( both provided generously by the amazing you.) Great zoo pictures. Brooklyn is so beautiful. We are taking the fam to Hogle Zoo for Andrew's birthday next week, should be fun.

Unknown said...

We have lived in this area for over four years and haven't been to the zoo yet. We hope to go soon.