Tuesday, April 29

A New Companion

This photo was taken by my friend Christina while they were here visiting. Travis wanted a few minutes alone at the graveside, and we got the kids to line up on the grass near that car. The grass was just a little bit long, and Brooklyn was having a good time with the new texture. I love how the color of grass here is just a little bit greener than I'm used to.
Close up of the cutie. Isn't she great? Sitting up is a recently acquired skill, one she's very proud of, and one Mom is happy she possesses.
This is Jazz, our new canine companion. Early last week I decided that the house was entirely too quiet after the kids go to bed, and I wanted a warm body to snuggle with while I watch TV. After discussing it with Russ and Angela, the kids and I went to the shelter on Thursday and adopted an Australian Shepherd/Rottweiler/Collie mix. She's about two years old, and gentle and mellow as can be. She is wonderful with the kids, is already house trained, and obeys most commands. Initially, having another body in the house to take care of was daunting, but after a few days she has really grown on me, and I take great comfort in her presence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww she's sitting up now. How cute!!!
Great pictures!

Aww what a cute doggy!

Our Crazy Family said...

I wish Aubrey was sitting up! She refuses and would rather be on her tummy. Jazz is a Beautiful dog.