Sunday, April 6

Nothing of Note

So, nothing exciting has been happening here lately. We got our tax refund last week, so we quickly worked our way through several thousand dollars, but it doesn't take long when you use the money mostly to pay off debt. I registered Jeremy for kindergarten last week, which will require a post in and of itself, but really, not much has gone on.

Currently, Brooklyn is days, possibly hours away from cutting her first tooth. I've been waiting for a long time for her to reach this point, but now that it's finally here I'm kind of sad. She was six months old on Friday, and I keep thinking about how quickly the last six months have passed by. Six months seems like such a milestone to me; it's when all the exciting things start to happen: sitting up, crawling, getting teeth, sleeping through the night, the list goes on and on. It has always seemed to me that my kids remain babies until about six months of age, and then they begin the gradual process of detaching themselves from me. I don't think I'm really ready for Brooklyn to start doing this, even while I recognize that I don't have a choice.

I'm also really excited that the scene outside my windows has finally started resembling spring. We moved here at the beginning of a long, cold winter, so I've never seen our new hometown in all it's greenery. I'm very ready for the trees to have leaves and for the grass to turn a shade of green that I had never seen before moving out here. We're planning to hit the zoo for the first of what should be many times this year, and I'm really looking forward to the trip.

No comments: