Friday, April 11

Zoo Continued

These are a breed of antelope, called a Bongo. I saw this on the plaque in front of their habitat, and knew I just had to have a photo of a creature called a bongo. Seriously, a bongo? Couldn't anybody think of anything more.....I don't know.....ferocious?
When I first came upon this habitat, I thought for sure that the huge pile of reptiles on top had to be a statue. The entire time I was there, they didn't move at all. However, as I moved around to the other side, one of them blinked one beady eye at me. Holy tiny alligator, batman!
I wish this picture had come out more clear, but I was zoomed waaaaay in to get something even remotely legible. This zoo is the proud host to a family of apes, and this is the mother taking an afternoon siesta with her charge safely nestled in her arms. We saw this habitat on our way out of the zoo, and frankly, I was rather jealous of her snooze. She definitely had the right idea here.
This picture took some quick camera work, before my subjects noticed me and moved! The boys kept taking turns carrying the map around the park, and toward the end they decided to mimic my behavior of checking our location every so often. Notice how Kadon has his hand tenderly on the small of Jeremy's back? Too, too cute.

No comments: