Sunday, April 27

Crying

Jeremy has started a pattern of crying every night at bedtime. Everything is fine while the boys change into pajamas, go potty, and say prayers. Some nights I have time to read stories to them, sometimes I don't. After we do hugs and kisses and I turn out the light, he's usually getting started within about ten minutes. His crying is the deep, hiccuping kind of cry that tears my heart out. When I go into his room, he can only sob "I miss my Daddy, I want Daddy back". I'm so unsure about how to deal with this. Part of me is tired, cranky, and depressed after another long day of trying to slog through my grief. That part of me wants desperately for the children to simply go to sleep so that I can disappear into the Internet or the television and wile away the hours until I can go to sleep. The other part of me aches for my oldest child, and the loss of his best friend. Ammon and Jeremy have always been two parts of a whole, two peas in a pod, kindred spirits. When I reach boiling point and my frustration level peaks with my precocious five year old, it's always been Ammon to talk me down and tell me exactly how to handle the situation. How are we going to mange without him? How do I handle the grief of my children when I feel as though I can barely get a handle on my own?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Victoria,
I just wanted you to know that everyday I drive home past the apartments where you lived in Hyrum and I think of you and your boys and take a minute to pray for you. I don't think this will stop anytime soon. I expect I will do it everyday as long as we live here. You are still in our thoughts and prayers, I wish we could do more.

Mike Barlow

Anonymous said...

When I was getting my BA in Human Development I did an internship at a program for our local hospital. It was called "Stepping Stones." It was a program that was run for those who had suffered a loss and were going through the grieving process, we ran a group program for children from 3 years all the way to adults. It was a great program, and the childrens program helped the kids to work through the steps of grief with talk, projects, peers of their own age that were also in their group. It was all free, have you tried to contact your local hospital to see if they have a similar program, or called a hospice in your area to find out if they have a program. That might help Jeremy to be able to work out his feelings, as well as you if you wanted to as well. I am so sorry you have to cross this path.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. My heart just breaks for you and the boys every time I think of you.

Our Crazy Family said...

Just wanted to say I love you! Please give Jeremy a big hug from us. You guys are continually in our prayers.