Monday, June 2

Swimming

I took the kids to the pool at the local YMCA today. It was fun, even though Brooklyn refused to get into the water above her knees, and I had to yell at the boys repeatedly to stop running. I'm grateful that the baby pool is in a fenced in area, which gave my boys much less opportunity to evade my eyes. Tomorrow I'm planning to go out to lunch with some girlfriend's, which should be a lot of fun. Slowly, I'm trying to resume some sort of normal life. Now that the shock of Ammon's death has worn off, and reality is starting to set in, I fear that if I sit still too long, I won't be able to get up again. Tears are always a moment away, and a particularly poignant memory will reduce me to sobs in a moment. Really, I'm kind of a roller-coaster to be around. I wish I could get off this crazy ride.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the kids all ready to go swimming here yesterday and we got halfway to the pool and someone told us it was closed. The kids were pretty bummed.

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear you got out and had a fun day. The pool is always fun!