Monday, July 10

All Worked Up


Ammon and I have started this new diet lately. Actually, we're not calling it a diet, because diet seems to connotate a semi-permanent status. No, we have made a change for the long haul. I've been regularly exercising for a while now, and we decided that the next step was to be eating a more reasonable diet. So....Out with the processed, the frozen, the sugary, and the carbonated. That last one hurt. Our soda addiction has reached new heights, and in order to achieve our full health potential, we understand that it has to be eradicated. But oh, how it stings. Anyway, in the spirit of self improvement today, I got up out of bed full of vim and vigor, and attacked my house with a fervor I haven't felt in....At least a week. By 11:30, I have the towering pile of dishes from the weekend done, I have my laundry about halfway through the process of washing/drying/folding/putting away, and I have the stove cleaned. No, I mean the whole stove. I even took out those little metal dishes underneath the burners and scrubbed those down, and then scrubbed the inside of the stove top before I put the little metal dishes back. Yup, that's me, I am wonder woman. Oh, and remember that wonderful date that Ammon and I went on a couple of weeks ago? You know, the one where we discovered the wonderful Indian food? Well, I have found a suitable recipe on the internet, courtesy of my FAVORITE food website 'The Food Network' , (check out my links on this page, you'll love it too), and after I wash the stink of productivity off of myself, I am going to journey to the grocery store to fill my cart with exotic ingredients. When Ammon returns home tonight from his toils at school and work, he will find a sparkling home, freshly laundered towels and underwear, and a lovely, aromatic meal to partake of. See, I told you I was the greatest wife in the world!!

No comments: