Friday, July 7

This thing I know



If there is one thing I have learned in my tenure as mother, it is that children are unfailingly stubborn. They are also blissfully unaware of consequence, logic, and cause and effect. We have had the Clavinova on loan from Mary and Russ for a couple of months now, certainly long enough for my darling young son to learn that it is always off limits, and if such limits are pushed, bad things can happen, namely pinched fingers in this case. I am surprised that his fingers still maintain normal shape and function after the number of times he has shut them in the lid of the instrument. I snapped this picture last night as he once again tested the limits of this particular rule. It makes me laugh that he is always so shocked and angry that his fingers are being mutilated. Hopefully at some point in our relationship I can impress upon my chldren the importance of limits and of following the counsel set forth by their parents. Of course, I'm also hoping for world peace, and end to world hunger, and unimaginable wealth.

1 comment:

Emily Nielson said...

We think you are an excellent writer. Brent thinks you should write a column in Harry's Urinal (Herald Journal). It should be called... get this...Victoria's Secret!
Just thought you should know!
Keep it up!
Emily