Tuesday, July 18

Jeremy's Haircut

It has been almost 100 degrees several days over the last week, and yesterday after Jeremy got up from his nap, I noticed that his hair was matted, and sweaty. I had also been noticing that my little boy was past due for a general trim on his hair, so I decided, in a fit of productivity, to use my clippers and simply cut all of his hair off. I called to get permission from his father first, as he is (overly) protective of his son's locks, and once securing the grudging acceptance, we set off to the bathroom to make the transition. Jeremy handled the haircut reasonably well, but I didn't understand fully what I was getting into when I decided to take that much hair off. I was going to take a picture of the pile of hair on the floor, but I had my hands full getting Jeremy cleaned off and getting the hair picked up before it was tracked around my house. In fact, I barely had time to snap this picture, and it was the only one Jeremy would let me take. He even refused to smile, which is unusual for him. He loves to have his likeness captured with the digital camera. Anyway, I tried to warn Ammon, but when he arrived home he promptly declared that this is the worst haircut he has ever seen. Oh well, by the time it cools off, his hair will grow back, and everybody will be happy. Guess you can't please them all, right?

No comments: