Friday, July 14

Sidewalk Festival



unbeknownst to me, there is a huge sidewalk festival every year on the streets of downtown Logan. In fact, they close off two block of 1st North for the occasion, and set up booths for food, picnic tables for eating, and lots of games and rides for the younger children. All of the storefronts within a two block radius are then encouraged to set up tents and displays in front of their entrance, creating a sort of carnival atmosphere, and of course encouraging patrons to part with large sums of cash. Of course, I could never understand the point of expensive boutique-style stores putting items on sale, even on their 'close-out' prices, I still find their merchandise to be overpriced. However, complaining about it would destroy the atmosphere, so when I was invited to enjoy the festival with a friend of mine for the evening, I jumped at the chance. I was even kind enough to my poor, neglected husband to take Kadon with me, and let he and Jeremy have a quiet evening. We didn't find many interesting things to buy, but Kadon had a great time crawling on the John Deere riding lawn mowers that were on display in front of the farm store. Too bad Jeremy wasn't with us, he's been shopping for one of those for a while now!! Anyway, we had a really great time, even though it was still very hot, and we had to be home early to put the young prince to bed. The only down side of the evening, in fact, was that I finally lost the diamond out of my engagement ring. I briefly entertained the idea of scouring the streets in downtown Logan to search for it, but the thought of crawling on the sidewalk isn't very appealing. So, I guess I know what Ammon is getting me for Mothers Day/Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas for the next ten years or so!! Good thing he's working lots of overtime for the next two weeks, right?

2 comments:

The Van Orman Gang said...

Wow! Kadon so looks like Ammon! Very cute pictures!

Christina Day said...

Vic- it is so cool that I can feel like I am still part of your families lives with the updates. Thanks Christina