Friday, July 28

Jeremy's Bike




We finally bought Jeremy a new bike the other day. To this point, he has been riding a handed down tricycle, which is fabulous, but the trickcle in question is pink and purple. We have tried to buy him a bike once or twice in the past, but every time when he gets to the store and sees the size of the larger bikes, he chickens out and says that he is too little. He started to back out this time too, but Ammon finally convinced him that he is getting bigger. He used a clever illustration about being able to put on your own shoes and socks to teach him that he can do things that he hasn't been able to do before. All in all, it worked very well, and now Jeremy loves to tell me that he is 'growing up'. Sadly, he's right. My little boy, my first born, is no longer my baby. He will barely consent to kiss and hug, and he would rather play with his friend that lives a few doors down than stay home and play with his dad and I. If I'm so torn up about this now, how am I going to handle it when he actually leaves me and goes to school? Time will only tell, I guess.

No comments: