Tuesday, July 18

Ammon's Business Trip


Ammon left for a business trip this morning. He got up at 4:50 am this morning, quietly got dressed, and drove to the airport. He'll be gone until Thursday evening. I hate business trips. I mean, I really, really hate it when Ammon has to take business trips. I admire the people I know who are military spouses, because their husbands are gone for long stretches of time, months even, and they seem to handle it really well. I, however, feel like I'm going to lose my mind when Ammon is only going to be gone for a couple of days. He has to attend this class in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. One of their biggest clients is teaching a computer/electronics course, which luckily mirrors what Ammon is learning in school, so this trip is actually a good thing for him. I hate it, though. Anyway, I promised him that I would post several times a day so that he has something to keep in touch with when he gets to his hotel room at the end of the night. I keep trying to tell myself it's only a coule of days, right? Maybe these trips are good for us, in a way. They make us more aware of each other, and make us appreciate how good we've got it. At least, that's what I keep trying to tell myself.

No comments: