Thursday, July 6

The Marathon of my Life


Today was a very long day. I went grocery shopping once again, although this time I can say that I did manage to remember everything on my list. At Smith's Marketplace here in town, they have a supervised playland for the children under 8 and over 2, so I usually drop Jeremy off for the duration of my expedition. We made it home in time for lunch, and after the marathon of carrying all of the groceries up the stairs and putting the frozen and cold food away, I made lunch for the kids and put them both in bed. While they were sleeping, I took a short nap, then got Kadon up and played with him for a few minutes before my friend dropped off her little girl so that I could watch her while she went to the doctor. While Clarissa was here, I put together dinner, entertained all the children, and got the house picked up so that it would look presentable when Ammon got home (aren't I a good wife?!) We had Clarissa's parents over for dinner (chicken enchiladas. Yummy!), after which I cleaned up the dishes, wiped off the counter and table, and vacuumed the floor. Then it was time for the nightly marathon of putting the kids to bed. Yikes. I'm tired just reliving it. Needless to say, it's going to be an early night for us tonight. It is 8:35, both children are in bed, and I'm going to play a hand of cards with my husband, enjoy a bowl of frozen yogurt, and put myself to bed.

P.S. These pictures crack me up: Here is Jeremy coloring happily with his new color wonder markers (again, the greatest wife and mother ever, right?) See, Jeremy had to get NEW color wonder markers because his little brother, the delightful little sprite that he is, thinks it is the most fantastic fun to swipe the markers when Jeremy isn't looking, pry the colored lid off, and bite the tip off of the marker, rendering them almost completely useless. Luckily all of the markers were safe tonight, but the look of delight on Kadon's face just had to be captured, before his defeat was realized at the hands of an alert mother.

2 comments:

Shaw said...

Hello! Thought this was a great idea! I also made one, it is at:
http://TheShawSentinel.blogspot.com
Cute boys!

Shaw said...

Hmmm. Is this working?