Sunday, July 30

Mom's Naptime


On Saturday, I decided to take the day off. In the morning, the four of us went to the local Farmer's Market, where we picked up some wonderful artisan bread, and some delicious cheese to go with it. We also got some produce, and some lamb. On our way back to the van, the kids spotted a playground, so Ammon and I sat at a picnic table and ate the bread and the cheese while the kids played. By the time we got home, it was nearly lunch time, and then it was time for Kadon to go down for his regular nap. Ammon and I, as a result of our late night after our date on Friday, started to fall asleep on the couch in the relative quiet of the living room. After we allowed ourselves to sleep for several minutes, we sent Jeremy to his room to enforce the 'quiet time' that I have been trying to establish in lieu of his nap, which he has recently given up. Well, as per usual, Ammon was unable to actually sleep once we made it into the bedroom, so he left and went out to the living room, where he proceeded to entertain both of the children after they came out of their various seclusions. At one point during my siesta, I awoke, but as the house was fairly silent (which was perhaps aided by the large fan that was blowing at my head), I decided that all was well, and decided to luxuriate in an even longer respite. When I finally emerged from my bedroom, over an hour later, I found Ammon and the children in Kadon's room, where Ammon had constructed a 'tent' of sorts. The children thought that this was about the coolest thing that they had ever experienced, and Ammon was even adept enough to remember to grab the camera and take some pictures so that I could blog them. See, isn't he so supportive? In fact, I am doing the post on Sunday afternoon, instead of my usual Monday morning, because he is a little bit miffed that he went to the effort to take the pictures and I didn't post them immediately. I guess this serves as a warning as to what can happen in a mother's absence......all in all, I guess if this is the worst kind of trouble that my boys get into without me, I could be a lot worse off. Happy Sunday to all!

1 comment: