Saturday, October 25

Brooklyn Walking

Brooklyn took her first tentative steps a few weeks ago, but hasn't progressed much in the way of walking since then. She has pretty well perfected the art of standing, and her balance is wonderful, but she hasn't been compelled to take many steps. That is-until yesterday. Mary and Russ arrived at about 4:30 to stay with the kids while I went to the show last night, and right before I left she started taking several steps between two large pieces of furniture-the coffee table to the chair, the piano bench to the coffee table, that sort of thing. While I was gone, my in-laws took her to a ward members house for a pumpkin carving activity, and while there she continued to bravely take more and more steps. This afternoon, she is walking more and more with every passing hour. I got several videos of her taking steps toward me, but I think this one is the most impressive because she actually stumbles after her first step, and then manages to get back up and keep walking. Her days of crawling are definitely numbered, and she holds true to form: once she decides to do something, she does it without hesitation--but she won't do it at all until she's ready!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Good job, Brooklyn!!!

Pa(m)checo said...

WTG, Brooklyn! I love those first wobbly steps.

Kaylene said...

Wow! Congratulations little Brooklyn!

Sarah Jayne said...

Ahh, how exciting! Go Brooklyn!

SarahAnne said...

So cute! Am I a bad mommy if I secretly wish my babies will hold off walking "just a little bit longer?" LOL

WTG Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

How exciting! You know I think Brooklyn is the most beautiful little girl in the world!